Tuesday, November 1, 2011

halloween: part 1

Because of the nice weather last night, the kids did a lot of trick-or-treating. They hauled in so much candy, that after it was sorted, there were seven and a half gallon ziplocks full. I had heard about dentists buying candy from kids, so I decided to do the same.

They sorted their candy into what they wanted to keep and what they wanted to sell. Then, they pulled out the Weight Watchers scale and weighed their goods. Christian sold almost everything--he has his eye on a large pack of Pokemon cards. The others kept about half.

I didn't know how to set the price, so I just decided to give them $2.50 a pound. I am out about $30 now. I think it is worth it. Mike thinks I am a sucker.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Thats crazy! Look how many big sized things they got! Good neighborhood. So, what are you going to do with all the candy now? Throw it away, give it to a homeless person, eat it yourself? Decisions, decisions. I cannot wait to see their costumes. We are always in such a rush that we never get good pictures. Oh well, that is not what is important, right?- Diedre

CJ said...

Yep, you are a sucker, but such a sweet one. They did make a good haul. We didn't have many trick or treaters come around our house so now I have to get rid of the extra candy sitting on the kitchen table. Do you want to buy it? LOL