Tuesday, July 26, 2011

first day of school (for the boys)

The whopping 3 weeks of summer vacation have come to an end for the boys, and they went back to school this morning.

I let Christian sleep until 8:30. I wanted him well and rested for his big day back. (He still has sleepy eyes in this picture.) When he was getting ready, he looked older to me. He is starting 2nd grade. He goes to Chinese in the morning and English in the afternoon.

When he came home, I asked about his day. He told me that Mrs. Chang "doesn't have any bad parts." He thinks she is super nice.


Andrew started 6th grade today. He woke up excited and willing to help. He got his piano done and his room cleaned. He picked out his own clothes and played his DSi for a few minutes.

He likes his teacher and is excited that he is a man. When I took them to school, he told me that I didn't need to walk him to his class. I guess having your mommy walk you to class in the 6th grade is not cool.

I got Andrew this backpack at Costco when he started kindergarten. He told me that he was going to use it all through elementary school. That is one sturdy backpack. Drew is also good to take care of his stuff.

I have a mini crisis every year when the school year begins. I think it's a reminder that they are growing up fast. I miss having them around. I worry about them. I hope they have good teachers. I hope they aren't hungry or thirsty. I hope they behave. I hope they have good friends--and that they are a good friend. I hope they love learning.

I didn't go cry in the car in the school parking lot like I normally do--it helped that I had the girls to get home to. (The girls go back in three weeks.) I did bring the boys their lunch boxes later in the morning--just to check on things. They were doing great.

I'm doing great too.

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Why aren't they on the same schedule?? I can't believe how fast they grow!

Beverly said...

The Chinese program is on one track and we are not putting Jessi in it, so she and Christian have to be on different tracks.

It will be complicated, but I am looking forward to having a little one on two time with the kids.

CJ said...

The logistics will be interesting to say the least, but I know you will make it work. So hard to believe that Andrew is in sixth grade (and that the backpack made it).