Monday, July 11, 2011

city slickers

It's been a busy last few weeks--the kids finished up school (and start school in 2 weeks,) we took a vacation and my sister Melanie and her family came for a visit. I have a lot to catch up on, so I will begin with the most recent and work my way back.

My bro-in-law Landon (and his sweet family) invited us to Wyoming to ride horses. The kids were beyond excited. Christian had his cowboy attire ready for days before the actual day of the event arrived.

At first Landon helped each child up onto the horse.


He led them around and taught them how to direct the horse and make him do what they wanted him to.


Jessi (who, when she grows up, wants to be a dancer, a singer and a cowgirl) insisted on wearing the fancy pink cowgirl boots.



Landon, along with his brother and sister, helped the kids get comfortable with Jackson.



Every kid loved it. Jackson was such a good sport--he let eleven kids take turns riding him for about four hours.

(Melanie with her cute kids.)

After a while, the kids started going without help.


Some of the kids (the dads and my mom and dad) liked the four-wheelers more than the horse.



I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid. After getting some good instruction (and help getting on the horse) I liked it.


They helped the kids feed apples to Jackson.


I just had to capture the fact that this kid can finally bite with his front teeth.


This kid cannot currently bite with her front teeth. (The toothfairy is busy around here.)


Jessi's horseback riding was more of a parade--she swung her arm around her head like she was in a rodeo.


I couldn't capture just how beautiful it was--such pretty, fluffy clouds.


It was a great day--nothing like being together in such a pretty place having an adventure.

2 comments:

Rob said...

How very fun for you guys! Horses are beautiful creatures and so fun to be around. -Diedre

CJ said...

Great pictures of a terrific vacation. Riding horses is wonderful. So glad all of you got that opportunity.