Thursday, June 25, 2009

Outside Dining

I am desperately missing the weather of the last few weeks. It has been cold and rainy, but I loved it. I loved not needing AC. I loved having the windows open, letting the breeze in. I loved the way the moisture helped the yard. Yes, I missed the sunshine--something my mental health thrives on. But, yesterday it hit 91 and I thought I would melt--I am a baby when it comes to heat.

The upside of this new weather is that we are able to enjoy eating on the patio. I don't care what it is--anything from pizza to a full meal is served outside. We tend to eat later, in order to avoid the heat and bright sun. I love being outside, but mostly I love the cleanup. The clean up involves taking the dishes inside and leaving the crumbs for the critters or birds to eat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are enjoying the Central Air today. Wish the good weather had lasted all summer.
Eating on the patio with your delightful family is a special memory.

Katie said...

We love eating outside as well, but we just need to patio and the table. Someday. . . for now we just spread out a blanket and do it picnic style. However, it limits our choices of what we can eat outside.

Andrea said...

Can I borrow your table and chairs?

CJ said...

I melt in the heat also. Eating outside looks wonderful. Someday . . .