Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Favorites

Here are a few of our favorites lately.

Ace Bandages: Last week we got to be guinea pigs for our friend Teena. She is taking a class on emergency medical assessment. We all had to make up an injury and she assessed us. The kids were in acting heaven. Kiki still talks about how his arm got chopped off and then Teena made it all better. They have been wrapping themselves in ace bandages ever since. I have to be vigilant or they try sleeping in them or wearing them to school.


Laundry Time: Fridays are usually a day I do a lot of laundry. It rained today, so C & J slugged on my bed and watched Star Wars while I folded. Notice the apparent head injury Jess has going on and Christian staking his claim on fluffy.


Almonds: We eat a lot of them in this house. Okay, Kiki, Jessie and I eat a lot of them. I keep a bag in my purse, a jar in the car and craft room and a few in the kitchen. The other three members of the family have not yet come to love them as we do.

Pancakes: At the beginning of the week, I make a big old batch of these. I pack them with whole wheat mix and ground flax seed. We keep them in the fridge and just heat them up in the mornings. This has been a lifesaver--I don't have to get up early to make them a healthy breakfast.

3 comments:

Mike said...

And healthy that breakfast is with all the Maple Syrup that gets put on them :) They actually taste pretty good for all of you that are into trying new things??

Unknown said...

I always look forward to your blogs. Thanks for sharing.
I love almonds too.

CJ said...

Less expensive, better for you "Eggos". Way to go. Tell Mike he can always top them with fresh fruit instead of the maple syrup. Your kids do enjoy being guinea pigs for people. Acting comes second nature to them. I wonder where they get that from. Almonds -toasted, roasted, slivered, whole -I love them (and so does my doctor).