Sunday, June 28, 2009

Camping with Cousins

Oh, internet, I have so much to tell you. I am 5 loads into my post-camping laundry--so much bedding and campfire-smelling clothes to wash. So, while I wash I will tell you about our weekend.

Many years ago Mike's grandparents became members of CamperWorld. They no longer use it, but Mike's parents and their children do. Let's just say it is my style of camping--grass, showers, swimming pools and plenty of shade. We share a tent trailer with Sean and Julie, so we have beds to sleep in. We tagged along with Jeremy and Robyn and Sean and Julie and had a great time.

Jessie brought me several bouquets of "flowers."

My kids adore their older cousins. Tyler and Andrew in the camper.
Bev, Jess and Kiki snuggling with Katie and Pam the dog (my kids adore her too.)
We set up a tent, but one night we slept eleven of us in the camper. It's a good thing we get along so well.

We had a campfire (well, sort of) everynight. I don't think there is anything better than a smore made over a campfire. Morgan, Kiki, Tyler, Taylor.

These two rascals loved exploring, playing with cousins and getting dirty.

Roasting hot dogs.

The adults playing a little round of Scum.

We headed up into the Uintah's to go fishing. Kiki wanted to wear Dad's fishing vest--he likes being like his Dad.

Jeremy brought his canoe--I love canoeing (Melanie, remember how good I am at it?)
We all took turns going out.

Courtney helped the kids bait their lines. She then supervised Jess and Camryn with their "pet worms."

More canoeing.


Katie and Jessie.

Courtney and Bev.

This was Jessie's first time fishing. All the kids love fishing.
A great time was had by all. The kids love being with their cousins and we love being with Mike's siblings.

4 comments:

CJ said...

I am sooooo glad Mom and Dad Peel gave me their CamperWorld membership so we can all enjoy it -- and it looks like enjoy it you did this last weekend. Thank you for sharing the fun pictures.

Unknown said...

Camperworld Parks are super and we are thankful the family enjoys them. Thanks for all the fun pictures. It's a good thing you all get along so well especially with that many in the trailer at once.

Julie Jones said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for letting us tag along. I can't wait until we can do it again.

Landon & Natalie said...

Looks like ya'll had fun and your kiddies got some sun! I guess its on to the next adventure for you guys!