Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Favorites--TIVO Edition

Now that Summer is in full swing--well at least as far as television viewing is concerned--we are enjoying fewer shows than usual. I thought I would share our three favorites right now.

We started tivoing The Deadliest Catch a few months ago. I didn't think I would like it, but I got sucked in. Mike says it's educational--it teaches our kids that they should get one so that they won't have to work in dangerous professions where people swear a lot. I have to say that I have had some ethical/environmental/crab-loving issues come up, but it is some fascinating stuff, so I keep watching.
We love So You Think You Can Dance. This is my favorite from last year.


And, of course, Little House on the Prairie. I remember watching this episode when I was a kid. My sisters and I cheered. Oh, yeah, I still heart Pa Ingalls.

3 comments:

Janna said...

I remember that same episode and cheered too! Thanks for the memory. I am going to start TIVOing Little House on the Prarie. I miss it!

CJ said...

Some of the best series are ones from yesteryears. They actually had some good values.

Julie Jones said...

Unfortunately I could never get my kids to watch "Little House", I always loved it.
Have I told you about "100 ways to die"? Sounds bad, but it is about stupid people and ways they have died. I love for my teens to watch it!