Monday, February 23, 2009

Yeah baby, she got it!

Beverly is now a black belt. The three of them had testing on Saturday--Andrew did a mid-term testing, Bev tested for black belt, and Christian tested for his mid-term green belt. They all did great.
Bev has great kicks. She broke both boards on the first try.
Christian did his form and board-break.
Andrew and Bev sparred each other--we all knew that had the potential of not ending well. Thank goodness they did great.
Bev during her form.
Andrew during his form.
Christian during his form.
When someone gets the black belt, her family gets to help tie the final knot in the belt--symbolizing the help that they each gave her in her in her journey to black belt. The ceremony is really cool.
We are excited because now we only have two classes two times a week instead of three classes two times a week. I am grateful for Mike--he practices with them at home and helps me get them to their classes. I couldn't do it without him, and they couldn't either.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Beverly. That's a great achievement. Good for the other two. Mike should have a gold star for all the times he does things for and with the kids. They are fortunate to have two such helpful and loving parents. Love the pictures.

Andrea said...

So now I know not to toilet paper your house (in a few years when we actually have trees) - you've got a bunch of karate-kickers to defend the stead!

I love that Jesus picture you got at Costco! It's a good thing I didn't know about Greg Olson day, or I'd have broken the bank on pictures.

I love your blog name, "Raising Rascals!" How cute!!

CJ said...

I really enjoyed watching all of them test on Saturday. It is amazing the progress they have made since I last saw them. Thank you so much for letting me share that time with you. Way to go Taekwondo Kids!!!

Brittany said...

It takes a village! I couldn't handle without Derek either. Dilllon loves telling everyone that his coach is Mike. See ya Friday

Katie said...

Glad you found my blog and that I could find yours as well. We sure enjoy having you for backyard neighbors! Dalton is asking me to sign him up for Karate. It scares me a little. I would much prefer to stick with soccer.

Janna said...

I know nothing about karate, but am amazed that your kids are so good. Now I know a quarter of the reason why, the other 3/4 is because you are a wonderful mom and example to them. I found your blog from Katie's. Hope you don't mind??

Julie Jones said...

Wow, great pictures, I love the one you got of Bev. I sooo need a new camera.