Friday, February 13, 2009

Seriously?

So, two years ago, I did something I had always wanted to do--I served on a jury. I had always imagined it being for a criminal case--something really important--something, let's say out of Law and Order. This was not Law and Order material. It was a man suing Anheuser-Busch from falling on the ice during the Bud Bowl at the Olympics in 2002 at the Gallivan Center. It lasted one week, and I know that we jurors made the right decision. Well, this morning I was on my way to the grocery store to pick up sugar cookies for Andrew's class party when I heard on the radio that this case was going to get another trial.

You can read about it here:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_11691066

I am sure that the next jury will decide the same that we did. It is just so frustrating to see all of that time and money spent on someone trying to squeeze some money out of a big corporation.

1 comment:

CJ said...

You should read the comments on that article. Everyone is upset about the "greedy" litigant. When will people start taking responsibility for their own actions???