Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last Week

Andrew and Bev are taking piano lessons. I rarely have to remind Bev to practice--she loves it. She keeps the keyboard in her room and loves playing it before bed. They both love the Primary Songs for Kids book.
This girl loves her Bedazzler. She keeps threatening Andrew that he will wake up one day with Bedazzled clothes. She added some bling to her piano bag.
The three karate kids had a tournament on Saturday. They did great and had fun. Bev won first place in her division for sparring. Andrew got third for his form and Christian got second place for weapons. Bev and Andrew competed at the same time on different ends of the rings. I stayed with the little kids at Bev's ring and Mike ran between rings to catch them both.
When it is time for the kids to be getting off the bus, I start looking for them. One day last week I looked out and this is what I saw. Apparently Bev hurt her foot getting off the bus. Andrew carried her three blocks home. Also last week Bev came home from school one day with a chipped front tooth. Apparently she hit it on the metal playset on the playground. The next day was my day to volunteer in her class. She insisted on taking me out at recess to show me the "dent" her tooth left in the metal. Sure enough, a small piece of the paint was chipped off right at the height of her tooth. It isn't too bad, but we'll see what the dentist says.
Who needs the Wii? These kids have them some boxes. Christian brought up these boxes from the basement and wanted to make robots. I cut his out while he started on Jessie's. He wanted her head to "peek out the front." That didn't quite work, so we cut a hole in the top. They have had hours of fun with these boxes. My favorite is when they curl their limbs inside and act like Wall-E.
I started practicing with my camera. I was dying to know how a large print would look, so I sent it to Costco and the 8x10 looks great.
Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday with a Mexican Fiesta.

4 comments:

creativeguy said...

Cute, cute pics! YOu are doing a great job on Project 365. Remember that Costco does poster sizes now too. Hmmmm
OR just get you one of these, Epson Stylus Photo R1900 Ink Jet Printer and it even has a HUGE rebate until 3/28.
IT'S THE BEST!

creativeguy said...

Oops expired link try this Epson Stylus Photo R1900 Ink Jet Printer

CJ said...

Way to keep your project 365. It is great that the kids are staying with piano. Somehow I don't think Andrew would appreciate his things Bedazzled, but then again there are rhinestones on motorcycle stuff. I loved the picture of Andrew carrying Bev. What a great brother. CONGRANTULATIONS on their karate tournament. Boxes are still the best play toys in the world and your kids prove it.

Unknown said...

Andrew is sure a thoughtful brother for Bevery. That's a long way to carry her. Love your new piano. No wonder Beverly loves to play.
Andrew showed us his three awards from Karate when he came to visit and told us about Beverly's. Good for them.
Who needs toys from the store?
The Fiasta party looked like great fun.