Friday, January 30, 2009

I Love You Grandpa

My Grandpa H died this week. He is my dad's dad. He just celebrated his 90th birthday last year. He has been without my grandma for a decade and his son, Shyrl died last year. I am grateful that my dad and his brother and sister-in-law were with him during the last hours of his life. Even though I grew up with a really healthy perspective on death (growing up in a funeral home will do that to you) I still grieve when someone dies. I am happy for him that he is now with Grandma and Shyrl.

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I am sorry for the loss. I don't think it is ever easy to lose someone, no matter what their age.

creativeguy said...

Sorry to hear of the loss to your family. Hope everyone is doing well.

The Kemps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kemps said...

I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and sympathy are with you.

Brittany said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss! I talked to Camille a couple times this week and she didn't say a thing. Love you!

CJ said...

Our thoughts are with you during this time. May you remember the good times only.