Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weekend Update

It is very late (or I guess it's very early in the morning.) I can't sleep because I have this flu/cold/misery that I am fighting. So, I decided that I would get up and do something instead of wallowing in my misery in bed.

Here is the whole family on Halloween.
Reflections was a big deal for Andrew this year. He entered in the photography category and the dance category. He did a karate-inspired piece. He won a medal for his dance. The best part of the awards assembly was seeing the two of them cheer each other on.
The kids love it when I let them get the paint out. The boys automatically take their shirts off before starting. I love this picture of my two little men.
The whole gang creating works of art.
Mike had to move some gravel in the yard. Kiki loves helping.
I ordered this print for Christian and Jessica's room. I really love elephants, and their room is done in African animals.
My latest project was this board to keep the girl's hair clips orderly. It makes a huge difference being able to see them all easily. I hung it on the inside of the door to our linen closet.
My little sister is getting hitched next week. She went through the temple on Saturday. Pictured is my dad, my mom, Landon and Natalie (the happy couple,) sister Camille and me.
Saturday, Tyler came out to help Mike plant some trees in our yard. I just love trees and plants. I am so happy to finally have some trees--even though they are naked (Christian learned about trees being naked in the fall at preschool.)
But, the best part of the yard (as far as the kids are concerned) is the trampoline. Christian has asked almost everyday since we moved into the house, "Mom, can you go to the store and buy some grass so we can get our trampoline?"
Mike put the mat on and the kids didn't get off until it got too cold outside.

6 comments:

Millertime said...

The yard looks fabulous! I would love to come out and see all of your projects.

CJ said...

Hope you are feeling better. Missed you at the family party. The yard is looking fantastic. That is great about Reflections. It is so neat that they really care about each other's successes.

Unknown said...

Loved all the pictures and comments!! We missed you at the family thanksgiving. The trampoline was added after we saw the new landscaping so will look forward to seeing it in person with the cute kids on it.

Brittany said...

Andrew is so creative. The yard is looking so good!

Camille said...

Well done sis. Everything looks so good. Now if you'll come up with a little clipboard to keep all my boys toys orderly I'd appreciate it. (oh, and something to clean my house too please.)

Courts said...

trampoline???

YES :)