Monday, August 11, 2008

His Last Single-Digit Birthday

Andrew let us know that this was his most important birthday yet--it was his last single-digit birthday. He wanted to go to Chuck E Cheeses for his birthday dinner.

We were able to celebrate with both sides of the family. He is looking forward to spending his birthday money. He wants Legos and Pokemon cards.
He really values the traditions we do as a family. Every year on their birthday they get their favorite breakfast delivered to their bed. A few days before his birthday he started giving me subtle reminders, just to make sure that I wouldn't forget the breakfast.

I can hardly believe that he is nine. He is my first baby and such a blessing to me and our family. He is so fun to be around. I can always count on him to say something that just makes my day and makes me laugh. He is so willing to help and serve others. He is sensitive and smart. Life is never boring with him around. I am lucky to be his mom.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

So fun! I love that you used a pan for a tray! Happy Birthday Andrew!!!

CJ said...

Chuck E Cheese and breakfast in bed. What more could a wonderful 9-year-old want. I'm glad you had a fun birthday Andrew. Love you lots.

Julie Jones said...

That cheesy grin just cracks me up, it looks like Bev is starting to do it too!!!

klutzykitty said...

It was so great to see all the kids again, I cannot believe he is already NINE! The last birthday party we were at, he was Three! I am super glad you and Mike met, I have been fortunate with in-laws and honestly blessed with so many great neices and nephews. Thanks for getting the blog thing going, we'll see if I still thank you in a few months.... 8-)