Sunday, August 3, 2008

First Day of School

On Monday Andrew and Bev started school. We are new to this year-round school thing. The night before, there were a few tears--they were nervous about starting at a new school and they didn't know anyone there. After I dropped them off there were a few more tears--mine. Every year I am excited for them to start school. I am also sad that they are not going to be with me as much. I miss them during the day and I worry about them. Are their needs being met? Are they happy? Are they making new friends? Do they have good teachers?
All ready for 3rd grade. His concern about the new school was whether they had recess or not. When shopping for new shoes he informed me that his style is not the skateboard style--it is the Sketcher style. I told him that he could get a new backpack because he has had this one since Kindergarten. He reminded me that his was still in good shape and that he was going to see how many years he could use it. He said that it would be cool to have this same one when he got to high school.

He reported that his first day of school went well.

Heading off to 2nd grade. Bev was worried about making new friends (and missing her friends from their previous school.) She wanted her hair done in buns (her favorite hair style lately.) She is more interested in what she wears now--she has her own ideas about what she likes. Unlike Andrew, her backpacks do not last. This is because she always wants those character ones that fall apart. No more of those.

After the first day I asked her how it went and she replied, "It was good and the boy that sits behind me smelled like poop."


3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Gotta love having to smell poop all day!!

Julie Jones said...

I can't wait for the first day of school! Having teenagers home alone all summer has taken a toll on my house.

Bev is so pretty, and Andrew looks too grown up!

CJ said...

These pictures bring back so many fun memories. They look adorable. I hope this is a terrific year for them and they take all the changes in stride. Sounds like Andrew has his Dad's approach to money matters.