Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Disturbing...Very Disturbing

So, the other day Christian had just finished a sucker. Mike gets me out of the other room to witness this sweet little darling lounging on the couch watching tv pretending to smoke the sucker stick. He held it between his first and second knuckles, pulling it out from his lips occasionally and then "blowing" the smoke out. We stood in the kitchen and watched him for a few minutes. I had to compose myself and stop laughing so that I could go explain to him about not pretending to smoke. I snapped this picture as he was going to throw the stick away.

I know the source of his sudden interest. It is the movie Annie. I bought it a few months ago and it has become a family favorite. Smoking is seen in the movie. Who knew kids were influenced by what they watch!

The funny thing is that the kids went through a phase last year where they were really aware of people smoking. We had discussed with them that it is not a healthy choice, etc. We were in a parking lot and a man, who was smoking, walked by us. Christian blurted out, "That guy is gonna DIE."

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Kiki smoking is bad- but keep it in your mouth for just a sec while I take a picture. PRICELESS!!! Sorry I've been such a party pooper lately. I need some prozac :) But lets play this week while your kids are out of school!!

Julie Jones said...

Christina looks so much like Andrew in that picture. He is growing up way to fast.