Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2014 week 14

Drew had to make a structure that used 5 simple machines.  Mike helped him strengthen it with plenty of tape, and hot glue.


After attacking my to-do list, I was pretty ready for our trip.  Mike's work trip this year was to Oahu.  Thank goodness for our moms who took the kids for us.



Mike and I like the beach, but we are not fans of spending all day sitting in the sun.  I luckily got a chair under an umbrella, so I ended up staying there for a few hours.



We stayed at the JW Marriott in Ko Olina.  We rented a car one day and drove to the North Shore.  Mike apparently forgot how high the waves come.


We stopped at several beaches to watch surfers and look for sea life.






When we came to Oahu last time, Mike and I saw pretty much everything we had wanted to, so this time we didn't have a list.  We were able to just explore and take it easy.  Mike found a hike, online, to Laie Falls.  We only saw two other groups hiking, and the signs were a little hard to decipher.


It was beautiful.





And muddy.  So muddy, in fact, that we didn't make it to the top.  After hiking for three miles, the mud became so deep that Mike couldn't go any further.  Even though we didn't get to see the falls, the hike itself was worth it.



So much for my pedicure.


We stopped in my favorite little town, Haleiwa for some shaved ice and some t-shirts.


I loved not being in Honolulu--less traffic and a little more relaxing.


Mike did a bit of snorkeling.






After getting home, I had promised Jessi she could give me a spa day.  I couldn't stay awake.

2 comments:

Rob said...

So beautiful and a lot of fun to be together! And how nice to just enjoy the trip without traffic and a huge to do list. Nice. -Diedre

Unknown said...

I agree. Nothing beats the colors of spring and early summer. Well, nothing except being a mother to wonderful kids.