Friday, May 10, 2013

week 16

Although practicing is not his favorite thing, and he doesn't usually do it without a reminder, he does it without complaint.


With four kids, I often have to ask the older two to help with the younger two.  It's a great way to help them develop patience:)


I have got to deal with our pet food situation.  It takes up the entire floor of the pantry, and that doesn't include the dog food kept in the garage.  Yes, we have four different cat foods--Tiger is one finicky cat.


 Girls' night with my mom and sisters--it's always a good time.


Bev had to finish her book about Eleanor Roosevelt, so she went where she could have quiet--her old bed.  Of course, wherever Bev is, Tiger is also.


She made a book cover for the report.  As she read the book, she told me bits and pieces about it.  She mentioned that Eleanor had a hard life, and she was mostly concerned about the fact that her husband cheated on her.



The big day finally arrived.  Bev has been very excited to get her braces.  Here is the before shot...



and the after.  The first few days were really painful, but she has adjusted well to them.


Drew was not as excited for this adventure.


I told him that one day he would be grateful.


Mike had a late soccer game so I invited the kids to my bed to watch Survivor.  When I got out of the shower, Christian and Bev had started sorting the socks.  I thanked them and Christian said, "It's the least we can do...you do so much for all of us."  He can be so darned sweet.


With the kids being off-track, they missed taking birthday treats to their classes.  One morning before school, we got a bunch of cupcakes to celebrate their belated birthdays.


Teacher appreciation.


Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Jones.


As usual, I went to Home Depot for paint and ended up with some shrubs too.  Some ladies like buying shoes (I guess I like that too) but my favorite thing to buy is plants.


The girl is about to have a birthday, so I have to get her room done.



Mike took the kids to their triclass while I painted.


Christian's lacross game.  (He is in the green shorts.)







Poor Freddy gets very bothered when I yell/cheer at the kids games.  He gets up and tries to walk away from us.


Bev's soccer game.



Man and his best friend.


Bev has been working hard to get her Faith in God requirements completed before her birthday.  She finished them up during Sacrament Meeting.


As we were doing school shopping a few months ago, we stopped in at Gymboree.  When we walked in, I asked Jessi what things she liked.  She paused, looked around and then said, "it's sort of a baby store, but if you want I will find something here."  I wonder how long she will let me put these ribbons in her hair.


Before church, Christian walked into our room wearing his fedora, holding his Red Rider BB Gun and announced that he was "mafia."  Mike asked him to clarify what he meant, and what he understood the mafia to be.  He said, "Bad, tough guys."


Sunday evening we headed to the park to play baseball.  It was a great time.



2 comments:

Rob said...

Ok, I must ask you and please answer back because I must know. How much of a sport mom are you? I am huge and I get so into the games and cheer/yell so loud. What about you? Are you more laid back, or do you get loud and vocal? A lady at a soccer game totally railed on me for being such a "soccer mom", what about you?

Beverly said...

I only yell when I am excited for a play one of my kids made, or something someone on our team did. Occasionally I will encourage them to step it up, but I don't get negative--we have had way too many experiences with parents getting negative with their kids. I am sure you aren't one of the negative ones:)