Sunday, May 12, 2013

week 14

April begins my soda-free month.  It's hard to say goodbye, but I need to face my addiction.


I love driving up to my house and see all the tulips in bloom--pure happiness.  I actually think the world would be a happier place if tulips bloomed year-round.


Picking up Christian at lacross practice.  He loves it.


I can't wait to watch it again, this time with the kids--we just have to find a free evening.


The Young Women sidewalk-chalked our driveway for Bev's upcoming birthday.  She turns 12 and begins Young Women's.  I am so excited for her.  She will be with a group of amazing young women.






I love to watch this kid play.



Bev's next project--magic duct tape wallets.


We spent the Saturday evening Priesthood session in Spanish Fork.  It's tradition.


Christian had been asking about getting a briefcase--not sure why?  My mom overheard him talking about it and offered him her old one.  He uses it for his Pokemon stuff.  He even mentioned the possibility of taking it to school or church sometime.


I love General Conference.  It's a time to get a few things done at home while hearing some great talks.  Mike and the kids went to visit Grandma and Grandpa while I worked on the headboard.


The kids built their traditional forts.


Christian had to do a book report on a biography.  He picked Abe Lincoln.  I helped with the report.


Mike helped him with the poster.


It turned out so great.  They used pennies for the buttons.


Jessi has started the Magic Treehouse books and she is breezing through them.  She has become such a good reader.


2 comments:

Rob said...

How did the no soda thing go for you? Lacrosse must be such an intense game to watch. -Diedre

CJ said...

Good luck with the soda. Your home is so pretty to drive up to with all the spring flowers in bloom. Too bad they only bloom for such a short time. The chalk birthday wishes are so fun. Bev's duct tape wallets were fun to see.We have enjoyed watching the lacrosse games too. At times it is kinda of like watching rugby with sticks. I love the way you all work together on those "fun" school projects.