Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Mike and the kids always make my Mother's Day special.  They got up early to make me breakfast.  I stayed in bed (folding socks) until I was summoned to the kitchen.  They made me my favorite--oven pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, and a big glass of Diet Pepsi.  (I'm trying to not drink  until noon, but I went ahead and enjoyed it on my special day.)


Mike surprised me and got me a patio umbrella.  He also wrote a pretty great candy bar card.  After I read it, I asked him if he had printed it off the internet, it was so good.  He used to write me poems, and he is pretty good at it.  Bev did the writing on the poster.


The kids' messages say:

Andrew:  Thank you for giving birth to me first and for all you do.

Bev:  Happy Mother's Day!!! Thank you for all you do for me.

Christian:  Thanks for buying me fruit.

Jessica:  I love your snuggles.

I love being a mom and I can't imagine my life without these guys. 



2 comments:

Mike said...

We are very lucky to have such a wonderful mother/wife....

CJ said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day and you deserve it