Saturday, May 21, 2011

scout campout

Friday Andrew and Mike headed to the 11 year-old campout. At first Mike was not going to be able to go, but in the end, made arrangements and went. Andrew was thrilled. Mike did some planning and stopped at the store for a few things. Me? Well, I did what seemed was a full day of cooking and shopping for the less-than-24 hour event.

I made them shepherd's pie for their tin foil dinners. I baked some cookies. I got him all packed with hand sanitizer and wet wipes. I sent a first aid kit and extra blanket. The list I made was long and the bag of stuff he took was heavy.

I just want them to have what they need to be warm and have fun.

On their way out the door I asked Mike if he had a water bottle. He said that he took care of it--I saw his "water" in the back of the truck as he was loading up. He has a problem.

The rest of us watched a movie in my bed with a few kittens and I let the three kids sleep with me.

The campers returned home dirty and happy and exhausted with a bag full of stuff--most of which wasn't used.

3 comments:

Rob said...

I know, I always try to send too much stuff with camp and going to our cabin. Hey, Caleb wants Christian to come to his party in July, the 6th. Let me know if you guys will be in town. -Diedre

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJ said...

I've learned to pack two ways over the years -- quick and dirty or everything that anyone needs for any experience. The first way gets you out there, the second way gets you home in one piece other than a sore back from carrying it all. Looks like you all had a great time -- even the kittens