Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Holy Cats!

(Taking a picture of seven kittens at once is not easy.)

They are now five weeks old. They were born on April 6th--a significant day to Latter-day Saints. (It is the day the Church was organized and according to modern revelation, is the day that Jesus Christ was born.) So, I told the kids all about April 6th.

Christian then stated, "We have holy cats."

I cannot begin to describe how much fun it has been to watch them grow and develop. They now wrestle with each other, run and jump and are eating a little cat food. We are beginning to see their little personalities develop.

I googled "how to tell kitten gender" and after a long time checking kitten crotches, I gave up. It's a complicated task.

We have given them a few toys, but their favorite toys seem to be each other and poor Mama Cat. That Mama Cat is my little hero. She is so tolerant and sweet. She puts up with their antics and is protective and patient.

I took some pictures of the little darlings. Here are their 5-week portraits.

The kids didn't name the first two, so I decided to use some of my favorite girl names I didn't get to use on human children. I don't know if they are girls, but until we know, this one is Harper. S/he has developed a bit of white under the chin.


Penelope.


Racoony.


The twins are named Cuddles and Snuggles. We can't tell them apart.



Fluffy.


Another one of Fluffy.


Blacky who I renamed Ebony (if she's a girl.)

We are still looking for some loving homes for the darlings. They need to stay with Mama (and with us) for a few more weeks. I know parting with them will not be easy.

2 comments:

mel said...

Wow, great photography skills. The kittens are so darn cute!! (But, not cute enough for me to want one.) I bet you guys are having a lot of fun with them. I hope you find them good homes.

CJ said...

For not being a cat person, I find myself actually loving these darling "Holy Cat" pictures.