Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We decided to extend the Summer one more weekend and go camping. It was a great trip--great friends, great food and lots and lots of dirt.

The moms.

The kids.

The dads.

There were no DVDs or showers, but there were woods for exploring and sticks for sharpening. I loved hearing all the imaginations at work--there were forts and wars and bad guys and rescues. (I realized that my number three always wants to be the bad guy.)

Jeff brought horse shoes. It ended up being quite a hit.

The campground had a huge grassy area where we played football and baseball.

The kids played in a stream and then enjoyed sliding down this concrete slab to the river. They used garbage and Target bags.


We packed eight adults and thirteen wet kids in the truck to head back to camp.
Brittany brought tons of games--my kids fell in love with Pass the Pigs.

We had dutch oven and tin foil dinners. The guys made yummy breakfasts. We like to eat well.

Jessi and Allie spent much of the time collecting berries and leaves for "stew."

Brittany sent them on a scavenger hunt. They loved the dice game where they won lots and lots of candy.

Christian, Luke and Dillon.

Bev and Kasi.

Jessi loves Allie. This picture just screams, "I love you, so I will squeeze your neck."

Kiki was in his element. He loves being able to use a pocket knife and find sticks and get filthy and fake tatoos. He has three days worth of dirt on him, his shirt is inside-out and he is so happy. I asked him to smile really big to show me his missing teeth.

Andrew loves spending time with Payton--he misses him so.
Everytime I think about planning a camping trip, I get a little overwhelmed--there is a lot of packing and then the laundry. But, seeing the kids enjoying the great outdoors makes all the work worth it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brought back memories of all the fun we had camping for so many years with friends and family.
Love the pictures!!

Rob said...

Jealous. That is all I can say. Jealous that you had such fun and that you have friendships that have stayed so close and lasted so long. You guys are great. -Diedre

Brittany said...

I loved the pic's!!! The weekend just flew by..time flies when you're having fun! We love you gang.

Julie Jones said...

It looks like you had a blast. I am not sure I could go camping without showers and a swimming pool. LOL

Andrea said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! One day (next year, of course) I'll have to suck it up and take the family camping. It's always more work than I expect, and nobody sleeps well, and it's just a miserable idea, but the memories and fun the kids will have is priceless!