Monday, May 17, 2010

New York City Trip, Part 1



I am still hooked on that song--mostly the song part, but I must admit that I am a fan of the rap part too. There is some rap that I appreciate--you know, the "high class rap" that lacks foul language and cop-killing, women-hating messages. I really think most of us (whether we admit it or not) love Ice Ice Baby and Bust a Move. I will leave my essay on rap for another day.

Mike's annual work trip was to NYC this year. It was a great time. I had been before, but this was Mike's first visit.


We stayed in Times Square. This is the view from our room.



Times Square is quite the place. The "Naked Cowboy" was there, singing his heart out for tips. There were two guys with signs that read, "Free Hugs." There was a beggar that advertised on his sign that donations went to fund his "booze and pot."

However, there were not nearly the freaks there that used to be. The New York clean-up has worked.
We did a few bus tours because there is more to see than can possibly be seen in a few days. This is a shot of Times Square from the bus.

The billboards are HUGE. This was a most beautiful one for Target.

Friday night, we went to a Yankee's Game. The new stadium is amazing.

We watched the game from the suite and ate yummy food. Oh, and they played that Jay-Z/Alicia Keys video at the beginning of the game.


I started feeling sick before we left. The plane ride there was miserable, but Tylenol and Advil got me through the days. I crashed pretty hard at night. Mike got me throat medicine and some Diet Pepsi and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and that helped my recovery.

We could not have done the trip without our parents. Mike's parents took the kids for the first part and mine took them the last part. We are so lucky to have them. So are the kids.

To be continued...

5 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

One of my all time favorite places to be...the city that is, NOT yankee stadium~red sox fan I am(even though they stink this year).

Julie Jones said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe the view from you hotel room! I can't wait to hear more.

Erika said...

I love it! It looks like you guys had a great time! Naked cowboy? Hmmm never a dull moment in NYC! Glad y'all had fun!

CJ said...

Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all about it. What a great trip. The kids were excited that you got to go, but missed you so much.

Unknown said...

I'll have to remember that Reeses Peanut Butters are good for colds.
We are so glad you got to go on such a nice trip.