Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Favorites

I have not blogged in a while--you will find out why at the end of the post. So, I thought I would get back into the groove with a few of my current favorite things.


Fountain drinks.
Don't judge me. I know Diet Pepsi is bad for me, and sometimes I try to cut back, but I am addicted. I keep a stack of cups in the car--you know, because if I am going to consume this crap I figure the least I can do is help out Mother Earth and recycle.

I realized how much of an addict I am when we were in New York and I was scoping out Times Square for a gas station--any place with fountain drinks. They were hard to find. Apparently people prefer bottled water and Starbucks.


Little Bee.
Just read this book on our trip to New York. It was a great read. It tackles tough issues like immigration and global industrialization and life in Africa. It is a sad book and I loved it.


Iron Man 1.
My parents borrowed our copy of Iron Man and it made me think to watch it again. So, I put it in while I was doing the drudgery of my life, aka: laundry. Um, hello! I forgot how much I liked that movie. (Robert Downey Jr. ain't so bad either.)

It also helped me decide that, no, the kids won't be allowed to see it. They have been asking to see Iron Man 2--because they market these adult movies to kids. That is a "no" as well. Sorry kids.

(This is starting to feel more like a confession than a list of my favorites.)


Five Guys.
I have written before about my love/hate relationship with red meat. I will go several weeks or months without eating it and then suddenly all I want to eat is a hamburger. But, it has to be a good one. My favorite lately is at Five Guys. I have taken Jessica there twice in the last three weeks--as much as I like the burger, I can't eat the whole thing, so we share one. It is evil and I am just happy it is far from our house.


Our new iMac.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope this computer will be as good as you want it to be.
I know computers have minds of their own and only do what they want to regardless of what we expect.

CJ said...

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for the iMac. We are looking to update our desktop computer too, but not sure which way to go. I'm glad you are officially back on line again. I can relate to trying to always knowing where the best buys are on fountain drinks.

Katie said...

Glad to have you back up and running again!