Friday, March 19, 2010

Today's Gonna Be a Good Day

Except for the fact that it is snowing--Birthday Boy isn't happy about that.

This kid is a planner (I wonder where he gets it from?) He has been talking about his birthday for months--about 6 months to be exact. I got him a calendar, because he wanted to count down the days. A few nights ago we were snuggling and he recited what would happen on the big day. He talked about his breakfast, taking treats to school, his present.

Little Man woke up, in our bed, for his birthday breakfast in bed. Breakfast consisted of pancakes, eggs and sausage, strawberries, oranges (of course) and his green cup (of course.)
We let him open his gift--the gift he has been talking about for months. It's a Green Machine. He and Dad will put it together when Dad gets home.
Christian is inappropriately interested in motorcycles. He has seen Pocket Rockets and has been asking for one for months. I got on YouTube with him to show him how dangerous they are. I showed him idoits doing crazy things on them. His eyes grew big with interest. We shut it down and had a talk about brain injuries and broken bones. He didn't seem to care about that, so I just told him that I care about his brain and his bones and that I am the mom and that he will not be getting a motorcycle. Mike helped me out and we started the brainwashing process of helping him discover that a Green Machine is really what he wanted.
He has been talking about it ever since. He was thrilled when he opened it. Yay for brainwashing!
We have a full day ahead--his Star Student poster to school, doughnuts for his class, party invites delivered, a cake to be made, and a Green Machine to assemble. Birthday Boy still has yet to decide where he wants to go for dinner.
I will be plenty distracted with a busy day. That is good because then I won't have time to think about how my baby boy is a baby no more.

8 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Happy Birthday big guy!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christian! How exciting. I love his "planning".

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!!
You were so excited when we called this morning. Sounds like your planning is definitely happening.
You are lucky to belong to such a great family who loves you so much!!

Amanda said...

What the heck is a green machine and thank goodness Ethan hasn't heard of one since his birthday is at the end of the month...LOL Chsistian sure does look happy to have one so I'm sure he will love it. What a cutie he is and you sure are right about the whole not a baby any more. They grow up way too fast!

P H O T O G R A P H Y by Wendy Martin said...

I'm not sure what a Green Machine is but if it needs to be assembled, I'm sure he'll love it. Brainwashing, the only type of washing I don't mind doing around here.

CJ said...

I honestly didn't know they still made green machines, but it brings back great memories. Looks like he had a wonderful birthday and hope it continues throughout the weekend.

Beverly said...

A Green Machine is like a Hot Wheels on steroids. It can spinout and do "doughnuts." So, from what I can gather, you go fast, pull the handle one way and you can spin around at least 180 degrees.

Janna said...

I had a Green Machine when I was little. I LOVED it! I wish that I could still fit in one! What a lucky boy!!!