Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is all I'm saying is...

Whenever the kids go off track we sit down and make a game plan. Everyone gets to list a few things they would like to do, a few places they would like to go. Some things they look forward to are: going alone to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the day, going out to lunch, doing crafts, playing the Wii and DS's, going to Thanksgiving Point, Discovery Gateway, the Aquarium and going bowling.


Bowling...


My story with bowling is a love/hate sort of story. I grew up about 3 blocks away from the bowling alley. Grandpa "went to coffee" there every morning. It was always a treat when my dad would take us there for lunch--they made the yummiest burgers and fries. I distinctly remember the smell of the bowling alley--it was a mix of cigarette smoke, french fries and old sweat. I can't say I ever felt it was a sanitary sort of place, but I loved it. Every once in a while my parents took us there to bowl. I was never any good, although I believe it was a lack of interest more than a lack of skill.


I like going now because the kids love it. Today we met Mike for lunch and bowling. It is always an adventure. A few times Christian didn't stop running in time and finally stopped several feet down the lane before throwing the ball. Bev was helping Jessi use the ramp when the ball bounced on the lane and got lodged between the ramp and the bumper. We needed special assistance from the staff several times.


I will admit that at the beginning I used the bumpers a few times, but then I started getting my groove. I got a few spares and strikes. In the end, this happened:



That M, that stands for "Mom." When I pulled the camera out, Mike said that if I put this on the blog he would deny it and say that M is for Mike. I'm only posting this here to prove that this once happened. I also acknowledge that is not likely to happen again.

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Way to go Mom!!! It is great to beat the men in something every once in a while!!

Katie said...

Impressive!!! It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is nice to have it documented. I think I am going downhill in the bowling department. The last time I went bowling I didn't even break one hundred. I blame it on Wii bowling.

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJ said...

Yes, Yes, Yes. Definitely good to document as we all know the Joneses are a competitive bunch. Sounds like you are having a blast.

Unknown said...

We're glad we are on the list of places to go. The kids are always so well behaved and we love them.
Good for you on the bowling!!

Julie Jones said...

I love it!