Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Santa Story

I am waiting for a load of laundry to finish up and then I am headed upstairs for a whole lot of folding. My king-sized bed is covered. I did have to make a small sliver of space for Mike to sleep in. He put the ear plugs in and the eye mask on and went to his happy place. Tonight I will be watching 13 Going on 30 (love that show) while being a laundry slave.

I thought I would take a minute and post our Santa story.

Well over a week before Christmas we headed to Wheeler Farm--a tradition of ours--to see Santa. It is a great experience--a great santa in a quaint old house. A hay ride and hot chocolate. I get to take my own pictures of The Man with the kids. There is usually no line. Mike got there before we did, only to discover that due to budget cuts Santa can only make it there on Fridays and Saturdays. I was bummed because I knew the kids (especially the youngest two) really wanted to see him. The night was not a total loss--we went and froze our patooties off at Zoo Lights.

I helped the kids send Santa an e-mail, so I thought things were covered. Wenesday--two days before Christmas--Christian can't stop talking about how we have to see Santa cause "he won't remember who I am and where I live and I gotta tell him what I want and when are we going to see him? "

What's a mom to do. I was in some desperate need of a Santa. I didn't want to do the mall thing--that beats out that pile of laundry on my bed by a mile for the place closest to heck on earth. So, I called up my sister Camille and she tells me that Miss Margaret was having Santa visit her preschool that very day. So I called up Miss Margaret and she said, "bring them over."

Miss Margaret (aka Mrs. Clause) is an angel. Christian went to her preschool before we moved and I am telling you, this lady is a sweetheart. Her Santa is the best too. The kids got their moment with him. Christian got to convey the important message that he is not too young for a DSI. Christmas was saved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooooooooo glad the kids got to see Santa. Love the pictures!!
Clothes do mount up fast but then isn't it wonderful to have so many?

CJ said...

Glad Miss Margaret was able to save the day. Great pictures. I can't say I miss the piles of laundry -- just the kids associated with them.