Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Love my Grandpa

My dear Grandpa B passed away last week. His funeral was last Saturday. He suffered from Alzheimer's and was 87 years old when he died. My mom and grandma were with him when he died, and his death was peaceful.

My sweet grandma cared for him at home. My mom and other family members have also helped take care of him.

I took this picture of my grandparents in May. I love it. This was taken on their porch. They were sitting there watching all of the grandkids and greatgrandkids play kickball. They have the best yard for playing games.

The funeral was beautiful and it was so nice to hear things I didn't know about him. I was able to trim his hair before the viewing--it was nice to be able to do one last thing for him.

I am so glad that we were able to see him often. I am so grateful that my kids knew him. He left a legacy of hard work and dedication to family. I am also grateful that I can teach my kids where Grandpa is now, that he is happy, and that we can see him again.

1 comment:

CJ said...

I agree. Having the opportunity to actually know our grandparents and great grandparents is a special blessing.