Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catching Up

I have been such a neglectful blog-writer. But I am not a neglectful "pet parent." I have been sufficiently reprimanded by a few loved ones that I have put more pictures of our kitty on this blog than of my own human children. So, I will only add this one. Everytime I go to use my camera I find pictures that the kids have taken of little Tiger. Andrew wanted to get one of the two of us. It is true--I like her a lot. She has not required a lot of work and is so easy to love.
You will notice the pink nails. I bought "Soft Paws" because they are "the humane alternative to de-clawing." The kids call it her mani-pedi. So far they are working well.

Thursday and Friday were filled with school parties for the three oldest kids. They went off-track Friday. So that means there will be lots of this going on:
They started an "off-track club" Sunday after church. The next three weeks will be filled with happy children playing happily together while a happy mom gets to sleep in. Yeah right!

We have enjoyed the beautiful weather the last few weeks. Mike, Kiki and Bev planted tulip bulbs and Mike got the Christmas lights up.
The kids have spent a lot of time in the field. I have spent a lot of time washing filthy kids, filthy shoes and filthy clothes.

Bev had her first Daddy Daughter Date. It was a sports-themed event.

Halloween preparations are in full swing. Kiki is informing us often that he will be wearing Andrew's Harry Potter costume next year.

We like the movie "A Knight's Tale." Several times a week Kiki plays jousting in the family room.

Andrew finished up his flag football league. Mike coached and Andrew played well and had fun.

Kiki finished up his soccer league. He loves being the defender.


We visited a pumpkin patch.

I made Harry Potter and Hermine costumes. (Tiger was obsessed with the sewing machine and yes, Camille that is her butt sitting on my craft table--right there on the craft table.)

Tiger was obsessed with trying to get the pins. (Okay, really no more cat pictures--I promise.)
I finished an amazing, tragic, important book. Say You're One of Them was a hard book to read, but I couldn't put it down. It is five short stories about children in Africa. I highly recommend it--that is if you can tolerate some tough subject matter.
There's the run-down. I will write again soon.

3 comments:

CJ said...

You have been one very busy family. Getting the yard ready for winter and next spring is a big task, but it looks like you have it totally under control. It was fun watching the kids' various fall activities when we could. I just wish fall lasted longer. Can I borrow the book?

Grandma said...

Seemed good to see pictures of you and your family having such good times. The kids are lucky to be involved in so many activities. The bulbs will ad so much to your landscaping.
Hope we get to have time with the kids while they are out of school.

Camille said...

I will be sending over some antibacterial (anti-cat-butt germ) wipes ASAP. Hey, but good job on the rest of that stuff. I just can't get over the kitty pics to enjoy the others.