Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vacation Story, Part Two

I love traveling with this bunch.
Andrew and Bev wanted to see Las Vegas, so we made a stop there on our way to San Diego. I don't like Las Vegas--call me a boring party pooper. It's just not my thing. We stayed off the strip and did a few kid-friendly activities. This is at New York New York on the 4th of July.
M&M World was fun. The kids each got a small bag of M&Ms in their favorite colors (and at $13 a pound, they were small bags.)
Bev the thrill-seeker rode the Roller Coaster at New York New York.
Mike's friend Kelly entertained us when we got to San Diego. After the long ride in the car, the kids loved playing in the pool.
And now, presenting my favorite picture from the vacation.
At Sea World we bought some small fish for the kids to feed to the sea lions. They warned us that the birds would try to snatch them away from us. Just as Andrew went to throw it, a bird swooped in and stole it.
I forgot just how wet one gets at Sea World (white shirt--not my best idea.) We were soaked several times during the day--the dolphin show, Shamu show and the river raft ride.

I know for some it might seem like crazy talk, but I think I might like Sea World better than Disneyland. It was a fabulous day--amazing animals, fun rides, great shows, beautiful weather and happy, happy kids.

5 comments:

CJ said...

I would have loved seeing Bev on the roller coaster. Way to go!! For what its worth, I like Sea World better than Disneyland also.

Unknown said...

I remember how wet we got at Sea World but we loved every minute there. Glad you all had such a great time. It was nice of Mike's friend to entertain.

Katie said...

Sounds great! We are going to have to try Sea World one of these days. How was the cruise?

Brittany said...

So happy to see pictures of the trip! Glad you had fun but I'm sure there are some pictures of the gang in Mexico! Have fun with your family this week and then it's our turn to see ya!

Janna said...

"White shirt...LOL"
Looks like you had a great time! We might have passed you on the road. We were on our way to Vegas on Saturday night the 12th, to spend some time with Brandon's sister.