Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Cruise

After hitting Las Vegas and Sea World, it was finally time to board the ship.

Our kids are at such great ages to travel. It gets easier every year. I packed them each their own suitcase, and they each pulled their own. Here, Jessica was too tired to pull hers so Christian volunteered.I was a little worried about taking four kids on a cruise. It turns out I had nothing to worry about. We loved it. There was always something for everyone to do.
The other really great part was traveling with these fine folks. We went with Mike's brother Sean and his family.
In Ensenada we saw the Bufadora--a big blowhole where the waves force the water up into the rocks.

We also did some shopping. It was a little overwhelming--the salespeople were very aggressive. It was fun speaking Spanish and the kids loved finding Mexican treasures to bring home.
On the bus in Ensenada.
Andrew's favorite parts were bargaining in Mexico, playing ping pong and chess with Dad, Sean and Tyler, the kids club activities, and frozen yogurt that's available 24 hours a day.
Bev liked parasailing, the towel animals, kids club, the beach in Cabo and shopping.
Christian's favorite things: kids club activities, eating shrimp for dinner every night, parasailing and snorkeling in Cabo. (Mom's favorite part: he didn't go over this railing.)

There was a small pool and a slide on the Lido Deck.

Tyler and Christian.
Courtney and Jessica.
Mom and Jessica.
Andrew and Sean.
The brothers.
Katie, Courtney and Julie on the boat going to Cabo San Lucas.
The cousins in Cabo. I can't even describe how much the kids loved the ocean and the beach. I loved it too--I think Julie and I could have stayed in that water all day.

Mike negotiated with a guy on the beach to get us a good deal on parasailing. He went up with Chrisitan and took the camera with him.

Andrew and Courtney.
Mike and Christian.
Katie and Bev.
I went up with Jessica.
Sisters snuggling on the parasailing boat.
Mike and the boys were in one room and the girls and I were next door.
All ready for a day of fun.
Jessica's favorite things: kids club activities--especially the face painting, eating on the boat, sleeping on the boat, swimming on the boat, pancakes, eggs and shrimp.
Andrew bought a chess set in Cabo. He loved bargaining for it.
He and Tyler playing chess on the Lido Deck.The kids loved coming back to our rooms to find the towel animals that the steward had left. Christian with the turtle.
Christian got a mask and cape in Ensenada. I guess even superheros need sleep.
I had heard that cruises were just a big buffet on water. I was surprised at how good the food was. I loved that I didn't have to fix it. I loved that everyone could get what they wanted. I loved that we could get frozen yogurt cones whenever we wanted. Here we are at dinner one night.
Andrew and Jessica.
Christian and Courtney.
Tyler, Bev and Katie.
Sean and Julie.
It was one of the best vacations we have taken. The trip was to celebrate Tyler's graduation--I am so glad Sean and Julie let us tag along. We had a great time. The only problem is that I now have to get used to preparing food again.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Wow! All I can say is wow! That looks fabulous and fun and so great! -Diedre

Julie Jones said...

Seeing all those pictures makes me want to go back! It was the best vacation ever! I am already planning our next cruise in my head. Wanna come?
BTW, if you look at the photos in the slideshow at the end of my blog about the cruise, you will see the one with Sean "feeding the fish"! LOL

Janna said...

Definitely the best part about going on a cruise is the food, and the worst part about coming home is having to prepare food again....ugh. Glad you had a great time. If you ever need anyone to tag along with you on your next cruise....we will!!

Michelle said...

Am I jealous or what! What a fun family vacation. I would have never thought of taking kids, but sounds like a ton of fun. LUCKY YOU!

CJ said...

I'm with Michelle. I really didn't think a cruise and kids was a good mix, but boy was I wrong.