Wednesday, July 29, 2009

it's what's for dinner

This, or something very similar, is what we are eating a lot of lately.
It consists of something grilled. These days it's either salmon or hot dogs or burgers. I never liked hot dogs. I think it was all of those stories about what goes into them that turned me off. I am no longer a hater.

Several times a week Mike stops at the local farm stand on his way home from work and brings us home something fresh. The usual is watermelon and corn. But I always encourage him to live dangerously and surprise me. I don't know what we will do when the farm stands go away. But, hey, we can grill year-round. (By we I mean Mike.) He'll go out there in the rain, snow, whatever. Anything for some good grillin'.

That reminds me of a funny t-shirt I saw once. It said, "Meat is murder--tasty, tasty murder."

2 comments:

Julie Jones said...

That hot dog looks darn tasty. I know they put a lot of crap in them, but I still like them.

The saying on that shirt was funny. My favorite t-shirt is the one we saw in Mexico that said,
To Do List:
YOUR MOM

CJ said...

I'm glad Mike enjoys grilling. My kind of favorite food too -- anything grilled. Peaches grill up beautifully. Just looking at the picture made my mouth water.

All to do lists begin with Mom. Well most of them any way.