Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Update

I am back among the living. I have been sick all week--it really took me out. I haven't slept well, and apparently neither have some of my family members. Last night Christian ended up in our bed. This morning he declared, "Mom, you're a beast." I asked, "why?" He said, "Because you snored so loud it woke me up and scared me."

We have had a lot going on this week. School is out, so all the kids are home. I have to say that I like it when they are all home. (That is until I hear how bored they are.) They will have a short summer break this year because they start year-round school the end of July.

Christian loved preschool with Miss Margaret. She has such a wonderful way with little kids. He loved the Dinosaur Song, picking out treats for the treat bucket (always apples from Harmons,) and carrying his Nemo backpack.

We had great teachers this year. Mrs. Schwerdt with Bev.
Andrew with Mrs. Willahan. The kids were so blessed to have such wonderful, caring, competent teachers this year.

Andrew and Bev were bussed this year while their school was being rebuilt. Overall, it was a really good school year. They have both grown so much. I have to remember to cherish the ages they are at, because time flies.

We have done a lot of packing and some moving this last week. Our house closed and we have to be out the end of the month. I am not allowing myself to feel overwhelmed. I am doing a little at a time so that we can still do fun summer stuff with the kids. Now, back to packing.

2 comments:

CJ said...

Gee. I wonder where Christian learned the word beast. The end of school pictures were great. Lots of changes going on this summer for all of you. I'm glad you are feeling better. You have to feel good so you can enjoy your vacation.

Brittany said...

I havn't really had a chance to ask where your staying. We need to get together so I can hear whats going on!