Sunday, June 22, 2008

Aloha From Paradise

Today my blog title seems particularly appropriate--it really is another day in paradise for us. Mike earned a trip to Maui for work. We decided to surprise Andrew and Beverly and take them with us. I am such a kid--I was more excited about the surprise than I was about the actual trip. We told Andrew and Bev a few days before we left. Both of them instantly got concerned about leaving Christian and Jessica behind. We assured them that C&J would have a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. (We have found that it is probably best if we don't actually talk to Kiki. He tends to get sad.)

So far the trip has been fabulous. It has been a blast to spend time with A&B. They LOVE the ocean. They would stay there all day if we let them. This is their first experience with an ocean beach and they are having a blast.

We went to a luau last night and Bev got the lei she has been talking about. The kids were a little disappointed--they had in their minds that we would be doing the limbo at the luau. The kids thought the coconut bras the hula dancers wore were funny, and they didn't like seeing the whole cooked pig. We were seated with a bunch of other people when they showed the pig and Andrew started making puking sounds and Bev said, "no way--I'm not eating that."

The hotel is right on the beach. I am sitting on the lanai right now listening to the waves. We are going on a snorkeling excursion tomorrow. We miss everyone. The only thing that would make this better is if ya'll were here too.

3 comments:

Julie Jones said...

You have no idea how much I wish we were there! It sounds like you are having a blast. I can't wait to hear all about it when you come home.

CJ said...

On the beach in Hawaii, oh how I wish I were there instead of in front of the stupid computer at work. These are memories you (and B&A) will remember forever.

Brittany said...

It feels like you have been gone forever! Kasidee asks everyday if Bev is home yet. Glad your having fun though! I saw Kiki and Jess on Saturday at your moms and they both gave big hugs. Then Kiki pulled an Andrew and said "watch this, I run really fast." You guys must have races at your house:)