Saturday, November 30, 2013

week 39

Because of my involvement with the Bond, I was asked if my kids could be in some photos for the website.  They were happy to get out of class for the photo shoot.


We were initially caring for Blackie because when they did the surgery to neuter him, he was apparently not mature enough and they couldn't find the parts needed for the neutering.  After a month, we took him back for his surgery.  Afterward we got a call asking us to care for Blackie until he is recovered and could be placed for adoption.  I wasn't going to go get him because he is so sweet and we love him and we really don't need another pet and the longer we have him at our house the more we love him.  While there, we took a walk through Kitty City and discovered that there are lots of black cats not being adopted, and Blackie would just be another one.


Bev studying with Tiger nearby...always near her girl.



We went with some friends to Hale Center Theater to see Tarzan. It was great, and the girls were especially fond of Tarzan.


She looked so cute reading her elephant book.  I tried to snag a photo and was given the hand.




Drew is in honors math, and so is Bev. They are learning the same things, so Mike is able to kill two birds with one stone during homework time.  Yes, we wait till Dad gets home for math support. I keep thinking that I should sit in one of the study sessions, but it makes my brain hurt.


Apparently it's hurting Drew's brain too.


Christian is off track, so Camille and I took the boys to a bounce place. We left with a bunch of sweaty, tired boys.



Mike took Bev to the whiteout game at BYU.  They got the obligatory cougar tail donut.


Mike standing behind the goal, giving the goalie some advice.



Blackie loves Mike, and Mike loves him back.  I don't think Blackie is going back to the Humane Society.


The kids have decided to begin collecting cans for money. Once the box gets full, they dump them out and smash them.



Sunday night, and we had some of our favorite people over for grilled pizza. We also had a fun discussion about the pronunciation of Snuffleupagus, you know, Snuffie from Sesame Street.



We love this girl and are sad that she is going back to China in a few months. We have to get as much time with her as we can.



2 comments:

Rob said...

Bev must trust Mike a lot more than me. Whenever I stand next to the goal and "help out" he gets so frustrated with me. Mike must be a much better coach. :) Tell him to come over and give some pointers to Caleb on his next game. :) -Diedre

Rob said...

I meant to say Caleb gets frustrated with me. :)