Sunday, September 23, 2012

it's where the fun is...



Mike and I took Andrew and Bev to Lagoon eleven years ago--he was two and she was a few months old.  We have intended to take them, but it just never worked out.  A few months ago, Mike looked at our Saturday schedules and decided that today was going to be the day.  When the kids' games ended at 10:30, we got them showered and headed out.  Immediately, Christian and Jessi partnered up.  He gave her piggy-backs and held her hand as they walked from ride to ride.  Andrew and Bev took off for some big kid rides while I the little kids did some of the kiddy rides.

Right off the bat, Andrew started counting the number of people in line to see if we would make it in the next group.  I mentioned to Mike that he was definitely his progeny.  Mike then said that he had just been counting the people himself.

I had a little incident while on the Air Race.  I was holding a few items--my phone and Bev's glasses in my "bra purse."  I didn't even think about the role gravity plays in that.  The ride starts spinning us upside down and I had to use one hand to hold in the contents.

Then we hit the roller coasters and I was all in.  After about the fourth one, I was not feeling so well.  I then sat a few out.  We did some calmer rides and then it was back to the roller coasters.  At one point, Andrew felt "pukey."  We took a break for dinner and watched a show, then we were all ready for the big rides again.  During the ride on the old roller coaster, all I could think was, "pain...lots of pain."  I did not remember the rides being so jolting.

Whenever I was on a scary ride with Jessica, I couldn't scream because I was laughing too hard.  She has the funniest scared scream.  Whenever the kids screamed, we could tell they were ours--Bev and Christian have about the same high-pitched scream.

At about 8 p.m. we headed over to the log ride and Rattlesnake Rapids.  The kids and Mike all got soaked--just in time for the sun to go down.

They were so grateful and excited, you would have thought we had taken them to Disneyland.  Mike and I were grateful for such a great day with our kids.  Grateful, and sore.

No comments: