Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Having 9:00 church means that Easter begins a little early. The night before was a late one for me. On Friday, I finally got around to buying fabric to make the girls' dresses. They were really simple, but took me into the early hours Sunday morning. I channeled my mom, who spent many a late night sewing costumes, clogging dresses or prom dresses.


I had everyone get ready before we did Easter baskets. The kids got hula hoops, pool toys, baseball stuff and a few Skylanders. I went light on the candy, knowing they would get more later in the day.


When we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's, the eggs, money and candy were waiting for the kids. We did the traditional line-up. Grandma lets the three littlest go first, then the middle three, then the oldest three.


Drew still gets as excited about the hunt as he did when he was little.


So does Bev.


Christian asked me to "watch his pile" because his basket was too small to hold all of his loot.


Cute Jessi would see a piece of candy, pick it up and see if it was something she liked. If it was a Reese's for example, she would set it back down. I had to give her the hint that she should still pick them up for trading later.


Henry would pick up an egg and then give it to someone.


Max just started eating some of his candy as soon as he found it.


The baby of the bunch got a little help from his dad. Mason liked to observe all the big kids, but with Ryan's help, walked around to fill his basket.

I love Easter--the fresh weather, the cute church clothes, the bunnies and new baby animals. I am also grateful to celebrate, and teach my kids, the reason for Easter--our Savior. I am grateful for his atonement and resurrection and example.

No comments: