Monday, April 30, 2012

the black eye

I hope it will be the only one he gets in his life, but for some reason, I don't think it will be.  Saturday's flag football game was a good one.  Christian is passionate about the game.  Before and after the games, he talks strategy and plays with Mike.  Here, I am guessing, he is telling his teammate something about scoring and not letting the other team score, or pulling flags, or kicking their butt.







They set up a play--something about a reverse.  (I don't necessarily understand all of the plays.)  Christian and another boy on his team collided.  Christian went down.  Now, Mike has encouraged me to stay on the sidelines.  He says that it could be embarrassing for the kids if Mommy comes running out every time they get a boo-boo.  Well, I waited for a few seconds, and when he started rolling around, holding his face and screaming, I ran out.  My sister Camille came out too.  She assessed that his eye looked fine, but that he would have a big bruise.



A big bruise he has.



We were going to get his baptism picture taken yesterday.  I waited one day too many.


2 comments:

Rob said...

That will be such a sweet baptism picture! I love it! And I cannot believe that it is time for his baptism already. Where does the time go? I had so much fun planning Caleb's baptism, it was such a terrific day. When is Christian's? -Diedre

Natalie said...

I am pretty sure that kid would think it's an awesome time for a baptism picture.