Monday, January 30, 2012

catching up: Mom's Birthday and Anniversary

Last Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday and my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.

I had seen this owl cupcake cake on Pinterest, and thought I would make it for a baby shower someday, but I decided to do it for my mom. Then I made a baby owl for each of her five kids--one boy, four girls; three with brown eyes, one blue and one green.


We have been having so much fun with Just Dance that we decided to bring our Wii and have a dance off. Everyone participated--even Grandpa--much to the kid's amazement.


I think Just Dance is quite possibly the best Wii game ever invented. Everyone can play it and it's good exercise. I will not post pictures of any adults playing here--I want them to be willing to keep playing.





5 comments:

Rob said...

So much fun! And the owl kids was a very creative addition. I love it. I am going to attempt my own creativity for Peter's birthday, we will see how it turns out. -Diedre

CJ said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Your energy level is off the walls. You have had a very, very busy few weeks and we all appreciate the things you do with and for us.

gwen2139 said...

What a fun day for everyone.
Loved the pictures of the cake and cupcakes, also the pictures of the dancing. Your folks are good sports.

Erika Huff said...

Thank you for not posting pictures of me! I am sure you are saving them for blackmail in the future :) I sure do love that game!

Susan said...

The cupcakes were so creative--and one cupcake for each of my owlets was such a fun addition. Although you didn't post any pictures of the adults, I have plenty (including some of you). It was such a fun evening. Thanks for your blog!