Tuesday, April 12, 2011

shooting

The tradition continues. Ryan and Landon bring the goods. Afternoon session of General Conference ends and the adults steal away. Grandma watches the kids and we head up Spanish Fork Canyon.
Every time we go it takes me a minute to get up the nerve to pull the trigger. Then I get into it and I start to like it.
This .22 revolver is my favorite.
Melanie with Ryan. (That gun he is holding scares me quite a bit.)
The guys took turns pulling the clay pigeons.
I took a lot of pictures--practicing for the photography class I am taking. I shot just at the right time to capture the shell casing flying out as he shot the scary gun.
My tough sisters.
Melanie (13 months younger than me,) me, and Camille (13 months younger than Melanie.) Natalie stayed home with her brand new baby and Erika, who is pregnant, stayed back to help Grandma with the kids.
We finish up with just enough time for these guys to meet my dad for the Priesthood session.
I just finished the book, These Is My Words. It is about a woman living a tough life in the Arizona territories. She deals with scary guys and "indian trouble." She keeps a "kitchen pistol" in her apron pocket as she goes throughout her day. Her use of the pistol ends up saving her and several other people.

As we were shooting, I kept thinking about that kitchen pistol, feeling grateful that I don't need one, but wondering if someday I might. I really don't love guns, and until recently have not wanted one in my house. I am getting closer and closer to adding one to my 72 hour kit.

2 comments:

Rob said...

What on Earth did your mom do with that many young kids at once!?! You have such a fun family. -diedre

Brittany said...

Fun! You have a crazy family.
LOVED these is my words. We read it for book club and the girl that hosted had candy bags that read"these is my candies". I couldn't put that book down! FYI my mom may want a kitten, Kasi is workin her.