Friday, April 15, 2011

DARE graduation

(Andrew pictured with Heather Anderson, Miss Utah 2007 at DARE graduation.)

He said he only wanted her to sign his shirt, but then I asked for a picture. She put her crown on him and then he gave his signature smile.

Andrew loved DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education.) He took it seriously and talked a lot about the things he was learning. It gave us a chance to talk about things like alcohol and tobacco too. In his DARE essay he wrote about tobacco:

"Your teeth will look like you haven't brushed them in months and you'll seriously need a breath mint. If you play sports and smoke, you could suffer from shortness of breath and dizziness. That would suck for me to smoke because I love sports."

I think he gets it. I hope he gets it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great program!! Good for Andrew. He really got the message.