Thursday, November 15, 2012

busy life...

I have been absent from this blog for way too long.  I know life is not going to slow down, but I really want to continue documenting it.  These next few weeks make up my favorite time of the year, and I want to get a lot done, but also enjoy it.  It is already flying by.  We just finished soccer and football and I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is next week.  

This photo pretty much demonstrates life around here right now.  I didn't quite get the big skeleton put away when Mike surprised me with this nativity I had fallen in love with.  The kids were too excited to wait, so we put it it up.  I really don't like the tendency to skip Thanksgiving, but based on my decor, that is exactly what I have done.


Another distraction from my keeping up the blog is my secret Christmas project for the kids.  I am catching up the last five years in their scrapbooks--I know, pretty realistic, right?  I had a few things done, a few pictures ordered, but I had a lot of organizing to do, supplies to buy and stories to write.  I started in August, and I have been committing a few nights a week to the project.  It is not anything fancy--I am focusing on the pictures and the stories.  It is the gift I am most excited about.


2 comments:

Rob said...

Good work. I am impressed by how much you have gotten done on their books. It must make you feel so productive. It was fun seeing you guys the other day. Have a terrific Thanksgiving. -Diedre

CJ said...

Now that is a project worth every minute. The kids will be forever grateful.

P.S. Love the juxtaposition of your decor.