Sunday, August 21, 2011

off-track girl time

When the boys went back to school, we had some girl fun.

Bev did some baking.


They did their chores together.


We went to our favorite bakery--Sweet Tooth Fairy. Jessi picked a cookie. Bev picked one of those huge jaw breakers.


We took a trip to BYU. (We do a yearly visit for indoctrination purposes.) We saw the museum, the bookstore and the library. We saw students studying and Jessi asked if their books have pictures. Bev noticed all of the iPods and bikes being used. Bev is sold. Jessi still doesn't want a BYU t-shirt. I guess they aren't fancy enough.


We spent an afternoon at Trafalga.


When she got off the bumper boats, Jessi said, "I don't know why you guys think that is fun." (Sometimes, even though we have had her longer than she spent in Liberia, she looks at us like we are nuts for doing certain things that are, to us, just "normal." She joins right in, but doesn't really get why they are fun.)


Whenever Bev practices piano, she brings a folding chair over and Tiger sits with her. This is an improvement from where Tiger used to sit--on the strings inside the piano.


They made a very elaborate triangle fort in the front room. It had a DVD player, a fan and a box of snacks.



Bev tried teaching me how to play chess. We got up to make lunch and Tiger destroyed the board. The hamster provided some entertainment for her.


There were many makeovers to be done. I had curlers put in my hair and my nails done. Jessi loves doing makeup. I let her do mine. When she finished she said, "Mom, you look like a pretty clown." I almost took a picture of myself, but it wasn't pretty. Clown? Yes. Pretty? Not so much.

Jessi has a cowlick in her eyebrow. She has sort of been obsessing about it, so I taught her about tweezing. I think she is now okay with keeping her cowlick right where it is.


Jessi is a Barbie Girl. She plays them everyday and playing "kitchen" and "food" are her favorites. I have had a hard time finding Barbie food, so I got on ebay and bought some. We washed it and the girls sorted it. She is in Barbie heaven.


It's a good thing the girls have gone back to school, because we have had too many baked goods around here. Bev is such a great kitchen helper.

I have had four days with them back to school. I miss them, but then I remember it's only two more weeks and I get the boys home for a spell.

2 comments:

Rob said...

You are a good mom. -Diedre

CJ said...

What a fun, wonderful week. And to think you weren't sure how this split track thing would work.